The Corporation of the Town of Carleton Place invites applications for the position of On Call Crossing Guard.
The Town of Carleton Place requires On Call Crossing Guards to assist school children in crossing roads safely at designated school crossing locations in accordance with the Ontario Highway Traffic Act, the Occupational Health & Safety Act and Corporation policies. We are seeking effective individuals with excellent managerial, organizational and communication skills.
The successful applicant(s):
• Superior customer service skills and the ability to work with minimal supervision,
• Demonstrate a good sense of judgement to be able to determine timing for safe entry into the flow of traffic,
• Be dependable, shift available, physically fit, of good character and possess an understanding of young people,
• Be willing to work in all forms of weather, including extremes of heat, humidity, cold, rain, snow, sleet, and wind and be capable of working under all types of road conditions, exposure to traffic noise and exhaust from vehicles, and
• Must supply a satisfactory criminal record and vulnerable sector screening check dated within the last 30 days as a condition of employment.
Interested applicants are invited to submit an application in confidence by 12:00 PM on Wednesday, August 22nd quoting “On Call Crossing Guard” attention Human Resources by:
Mail: Town of Carleton Place
175 Bridge Street
Carleton Place, ON K7C 2V8
Facsimile: 613 257 8170
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. The Town of Carleton Place is an equal opportunity employer following the rules and regulations set out by the Human Rights Code. Personal information submitted will be used for the purposes of determining suitability for this competition only and in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) upon request.