Carleton Place Child Care is currently accepting resumes for an RECE Teacher (maternity contract).
Summary: Responsible for the care and well-being of the children in the program working within specific guidelines and requirements (Child Care and Early Years Act, local Ministry of Health, Ministry of Labour and the Town of Carleton Place). Also, responsible to work with the needs of parents, other professionals and the public regarding service information.
- Early Childhood Education Diploma (2-year diploma provincially recognized by the Ministry of Education & CECE) or similar education. (I.e. teacher, youth worker, etc.).
- Minimum 2 years previous child care experience.
- Valid Standard First Aid/CPRC/AED certificates.
- Valid Anaphylaxis training.
- Vulnerable Sector Criminal Reference Check (valid to 6 months of employment).
- Participate in a minimum of 8 hours of professional development per year.
- Must be a member in good standing of the ON College of Early Childhood Educators.
The position will be scheduled to work irregular shifts, starting as early as 6:15 A.M. and working as late as 6:00 P.M.Must be able to read and comprehend instructions about medical issues (allergies and administration of medicine etc.), court documents, and assessments of children and the environment.
Detailed Job Description
Interested applicants are invited to submit an application in confidence by 1:00 P.M. Tuesday, January 15, 2019 quoting “RECE Teacher (maternity contract)”:
Mail: Town of Carleton Place
Attn: Human Resources
175 Bridge Street
Carleton Place, ON K7C 2V8
Facsimile: 613 257 8170
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. The Town of Carleton Place is an equal opportunity employer following the rules and regulations set out by the Human Rights Code. Personal information submitted will be used for the purposes of determining suitability for this competition only and in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) upon request.