The Carleton Place Public Library is seeking an individual to fill the part-time position of Materials Processing Clerk.
POSITION SUMMARY: Reporting the Manager of Library Services, the Materials Processing Clerk performs original and copy cataloguing and adapts online records according to guidelines in all subject areas. Manages the Library’s interlibrary loan services.
1. Processes library materials. Inputs catalogue information.
2. Creates original catalogue records when required.
3. Classify materials according to current Dewey Decimal rules and LC Subject Headings.
4. Manages all interlibrary loans, including patron requests, and maintains interlibrary loan statistics.
5. Performs duties on the circulation desk, including material circulation, reference, and reader’s advisory.
1. Library Technician Diploma or equivalent experience.
2. Experience in cataloging with library software using the Dewey Decimal System, MARC or RDA cataloging. 3. Requires a working knowledge of the principals and practices of professional library work.
4. Strong computer skills with current knowledge of library automation systems.
5. Must have ability to teach patrons to use library apps and services on a variety of mobile devices.
6. A satisfactory Security Clearance Check which includes a Vulnerable Sector Screening, dated within six months of the date of hire.
A detailed job description for this position can be found at www.carletonplacelibrary.ca. Interested applicants are invited to submit an application in confidence by 11:59 pm, March 12, 2017 quoting “Materials Processing Clerk” to:
Meriah Caswell, Manager of Library Services Carleton Place Public Library
101 Beckwith Street Carleton Place, ON, K7C2T3
or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. The Town of Carleton Place is an equal opportunity employer following the rules and regulations set out by the Human Rights Code. Personal information submitted will be used for the purposes of determining suitability for this competition only and in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) upon request.