Employment Opportunity - Administrative Assistant to the Mayor
The Town of Carleton Place is seeking an individual to fill the full-time contract position of Administrative Assistant to the Mayor.
Summary: Reporting to the CAO, the incumbent will be responsible for Public Relations and numerous administrative duties for the Mayor.
1. Two (2) years post-secondary education in business related field.
2. 3-5 years direct job related experience.
3. Superior computer proficiency/literacy is required, specific with MS Software (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint).
4. Excellent communication, presentation, organizational and interpersonal skills.
5. The ability to relate to elected officials, peers, managers, superiors and the general public in a tactful and professional manner while being cognizant and respectful of the confidentiality aspects of the job.
6. Ability to work independently, manage time effectively and to work flexible hours, including some evenings and weekends as required.
Interested applicants are invited to submit an application in confidence by 11:00 AM July 21, 2017 quoting “Administrative Assistant to the Mayor-Contract” Attention Human Resources by:
Attn: Human Resources Facsimile: 613 257 8170
175 Bridge Street
Carleton Place, ON K7C 2V8
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. The Town of Carleton Place is an equal opportunity employer following the rules and regulations set out by the Human Rights Code. Personal information submitted will be used for the purposes of determining suitability for this competition only and in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) upon request.