POSTED | August 3, 2017
Employment Opportunity - Public Works Machine Operator
Public Works Machine Operator l
The Town of Carleton Place – Public Works Department is seeking an individual to fill the full-time position of Public Works Machine Operator I.
Summary: Reporting to the Superintendent of Public Works, the incumbent will be responsible for performing the maintenance of the Town’s infrastructure and operation of the Public Works department equipment.
• Class DZ Ontario Drivers Licence (will be required to provide abstract and provide on-going confirmation of appropriate licence).
• The ability to operate all town owned equipment.
• General knowledge of municipal maintenance and construction techniques.
• Three to five years direct related experience as per duties #1-4 in the job description.
• Ability to respond to emergencies, when designated, within 20 minutes experience.
• Education requirement is O.S.S.D. or G.E.D., and
• The ability to read, write and perform arithmetic sufficient to complete time sheets and work orders.
Interested applicants are invited to submit an application in confidence by 11:00 AM August 23, 2017 quoting “Public Works Machine Operator I” Attention Human Resources by:
Mail: Town of Carleton Place Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Attn: Human Resources Facsimile: 613 257 8170
175 Bridge Street
Carleton Place, ON K7C 2V8
The Town of Carleton Place is an equal opportunity employer following the rules and regulations set out by the Human Rights Code. Personal information submitted will be used for the purposes of determining suitability for this competition only and in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) upon request.