Employment Opportunity - Manager of Development Services
The Town of Carleton Place requires a Manager of Development Services– 8+ month contract - $70,569 - $83,022 per annum
The Town of Carleton Place located in the County of Lanark has a population of 11,000. The Manager of Development Services reports to the CAO and is accountable to Council for policy implementation.
The Manager of Development Services is responsible for the overall organization of the Development Services Department, providing planning advice to Council, responding to public inquiries and processing planning applications, which includes:
• Co-ordinating all planning and development activities. Organizing the effective operation of the Planning functions with other Town Departments, the County of Lanark, developers, agencies, and members of the public.
• Preparing reports to Committee on planning related applications. Presenting items and implementing decisions.
• Coordinating the development of planning related studies, policies and by-laws for Council’s consideration.
• Completing site inspections, when necessary, of any property that is the subject of planning applications.
• Preparing Development Agreements with input from Public Works, Chief Administrative Officer, Planning Consultant, if applicable, etc.
• University degree in a planning related field.
• Minimum of five (5) years prior planning experience in a position of similar responsibility, or a suitable combination of education and planning experience.
• Membership in the Canadian Institute of Planners / Ontario Professional Planners Institute.
• Detailed knowledge of the Planning Act and other relevant legislation.
• Detailed knowledge of development procedures and development agreements.
• Must have sound working knowledge of computers including MS Office programs; experience with GIS would be an asset.
Interested applicants are invited to submit an application in confidence by 12:00 PM Wednesday July 18, 2018 quoting “Manager of Development Services” Attention Human Resources by:
Attn: Human Resources Facsimile: 613 257 8170
175 Bridge Street
Carleton Place, ON K7C 2V8
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. The Town of Carleton Place is an equal opportunity employer following the rules and regulations set out by the Human Rights Code. Personal information submitted will be used for the purposes of determining suitability for this competition only in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) upon request.