POSTED | April 16, 2018
Employment Opportunity - HHW Attendant
The Town of Carleton Place is seeking individuals to fill summer positions of Household Hazardous Waste Attendant (5 part-time).
Summary: A Household Hazardous Waste (HHW) Attendant is responsible to safely collect, sort, and store items brought to the HHW Facility. All HHW Attendants shall interact with co-workers and members of the Public in a courteous and respectful manner. The Saturday scheduled hours of work are 7:30 AM – 12:30 PM.
• Must be returning to school;
• Must be detailed oriented;
• Must attend all mandatory safety training;
• Excellent interpersonal skills to effectively work with coworkers and interact with the public; and
• Staff must provide their own CSA approved steel toed boots (in good condition), the employer shall provide all other personal protective equipment.
Interested applicants are invited to submit an application in confidence by May 3, 2018 no later than 2:00 PM quoting “HHW Attendant” Attention Human Resources by:
Mail: Town of Carleton Place
Attn: Human Resources
175 Bridge Street
Carleton Place, ON K7C 2V8
Facsimile: 613 257 8170
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. The Town of Carleton Place is an equal opportunity employer following the rules and regulations set out by the Human Rights Code. Personal information submitted will be used for the purposes of determining suitability for this competition only and in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) upon request.