- a Canadian citizen; and
- at least 18 years of age; and
- a resident of the Town of Carleton Place; or
- an owner or tenant of land in the Town of Carleton Place, or is the spouse of such owner or tenant; or
- a non-resident of Carleton Place but you or your spouse own or rent property in the Town; and
- are not otherwise prohibited from voting under any law.
Who is not eligible to vote?
You cannot vote on voting day if you are:
- a person serving a sentence of imprisonment in a penal or correctional institution; or
- a corporation; or
- a person acting as executor or trustee or in any other representative capacity; or
- a person convicted of a corrupt practice for an election held within four years of voting day.
Students who are living away from home while they attend school are permitted to vote in both their "home" municipality and in the municipality where they live while attending school.