Proclamations - Mayor Black made the following Proclamations during this evening’s meeting:
- September 2021 as Big Brothers/Big Sisters Month;
- September 11th, 2021 as Parkinson's SuperWalk Day;
- September 19th to 25th, 2021 as National Forest Week and September 22nd, 2021 as National Tree Day;
- September 30th as National Day for Truth and Reconciliation.
The following consent items of note from the August 10th Committee of the Whole meeting were approved:
- ICIP Green Stream Intake 2 - Council approved proceeding with a grant application under the Investing in Canada Infrastructure Program (ICIP) Green Stream Intake 2 for the watermain looping along Townline Road, Concession 8 and Industrial Avenue as identified in the Public Works Director’s report dated August 10th, 2021.
- As We Heard It Summary – Growth Scenarios - Council received the “As We Heard It Summary – Growth Scenarios” report prepared by the Director of Development Services dated August 10th, 2021 as information.
Pre-Servicing Agreement (Stormwater Management Facility) Mississippi Shores Subdivision - The Committee authorized staff to execute a Pre-Servicing Agreement with 1384341 Ontario Ltd (Cavanagh Developments Ltd.) for the construction of the Stormwater Management Facility in Captain A. Roy Brown Park. The developer was issued their Environmental Compliance Approval (ECA) on August 20th, 2021 for all the designs associated with the sanitary and stormwater system. The proponent’s intent is to commence work on the site on September 13th, 2021.
The next regularly scheduled meetings of Council and Committee of the Whole will take place on Tuesday, September 21st, 2021.