The following consent items of note were approved from the September 21st Committee of the Whole meeting:
- Sign By-law Exception - Hospital Fundraising - Council authorized the installation of two (2) temporary billboard signs related to the Carleton Place Hospital Foundation’s fundraising campaign for a new emergency department and associated equipment with conditions as outlined in the report by the Chief Building Official dated September 21st, 2021.
- Multi-Year Accessibility Plan 2021-2025 - Council approved the 2021-2025 Multi-Year Accessibility Plan for the Corporation of the Town of Carleton Place.
Announcements - Mayor Black noted the following dates during the Announcements portion of this evening’s meeting:
- Waste Reduction Week – October 18th to 24th, 2021
- Local Business Week - October 17th to 23rd, 2021
The following By-laws of note were read and passed:
- By-law No. 116-2021 - To Amend Traffic and Parking By-law 46-2003 to restrict parking around the island on Nichols Crescent.
- Building Permit Fee Changes - The Corporation of the Town of Carleton Place is proposing minor changes to the Building Permit Fee Schedule. These changes will remove non-utilized fees, merge projects into one (1) standardized fee, address third-party review costs and provide clarification of some projects.
- Development Permit By-law Amendment Application – 347 Franktown Road – The applicant requested an amendment to the Development Permit By-law to recognize the subject lands as “Institutional – Special Exception (Holding)” designation. The subject lands are proposed to be developed into a multi-phased retirement community. The phasing of the proposal will consist of four (4) phases:
- One 4-storey retirement home building (152 beds)
- One 4-storey seniors apartment building (60 units)
- Three blocks of 6-unit street fronting townhomes (18 units)
- One 2-storey commercial medical complex (12,174 m² GFA).
2022 Water & Sewer Budget - Staff will present the draft 2022 Water and Sewer budget to the public for comment at the October 26th Committee of the Whole meeting. The draft includes a recommendation for a 1.95% increase to water and sewer rates. This will result in a total charge of $972.00 per year for a residential property with one or two people; an increase of $18.54 per year (or $1.55 a month) over 2021 rates.
The public will have the opportunity to provide input on the proposed rate increase until 4:30 p.m. on Friday, November 12th, 2021. The presentation will be available following the October 26th meeting and can be found on the Town’s website at www.carletonplace.ca. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any comments before the November 12th deadline. The final decision on the proposed rate increase will be made by Council at its regular meeting scheduled for Tuesday, November 23rd, 2021.
The next regularly scheduled meetings of Council and Committee of the Whole will take place on Tuesday, October 26th, 2021.