Environment Canada has issued a Snowfall Warning for our area with heavy snowfall anticipated to begin today. The weather forecast is currently indicating we could receive upwards of 15 to 20cm of snow which may be intense at times. Public Works staff are currently preparing for this weather event and our priority is to ensure our staff can clear our streets and sidewalks in a safe and efficient manner. We are asking for everyone to be patient and understanding while snow removal operations are underway. Residents can help our Public Works staff by doing the following:
- Please keep vehicles off the street to allow our equipment to navigate the streets in a safe and efficient manner.
- Residents are encouraged to utilize our alternative winter parking areas should their vehicle not fit in the driveway. Please visit the Town of Carleton Place website for more information regarding Overnight Winter Parking
- Do not block sidewalks with vehicles.
- The Town of Carleton Place does have a bylaw preventing residents from pushing snow from their property onto the street. This bylaw is in place to ensure the street remains safe for the travelling Public.
- Be a good neighbour and help your older or physically challenged neighbours with clearing their driveways.
Please take a minute to view our Winter Operations video
Due to the significant snowfall accumulation anticipated for tomorrow and the potential for reduced visibility and blowing snow, please be patient as waste collection crews will be collecting garbage and recycling although it may take longer.
Please place your items at the end of your driveway by 7:00 a.m. and where it will not interfere with plowing operations.
Do not place your bins on top of snowbanks where they can easily tip over and not be accessible to waste collection staff.
Should weather conditions become unsafe for collection crews. Waste collection could be suspended. Please download the Carleton Place Waste Solutions App or follow the Town’s social media for updates for when collection will be rescheduled.