Mayor’s Message – Covid-19
Mayor Doug Black provided an overview of municipal operations during the Covid-19 pandemic.
FEDERAL GOVERNMENT UPDATES
- Statement from the Chief Public Health Officer of Canada on the release of national modelling on the COVID-19 epidemic in Canada
- Travel restrictions still in place at international border crossings for the upcoming long weekend
- Additional Details on the Canada Emergency Wage Subsidy
- Government provides further flexibility for employers to access the Canada Emergency Wage Subsidy
- Human rights implications of COVID-19
PROVINCIAL GOVERNMENT UPDATES
- Minister of Education Statement on Ratification of OECTA Central Agreement
- Ontario Starts Planning for Economic Recovery
LEEDS, GRENVILLE AND LANARK DISTRICT HEALTH UNIT
Celebrating this Long Weekend the COVID-19 Way
The Leeds, Grenville and Lanark District Health Unit recognizes that religious holidays such as Easter and Passover, are an important time to celebrate faith, or be with family and friends. Please remember that social gatherings over 5 are prohibited by the Province, to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
During this time, the Health Unit would like our residents to celebrate together while being physically apart. Protect yourself, your loved ones, and your community by staying home.
- If you belong to a congregation, check if they are offering a service online or on the radio/TV.
- Instead of seeing family or friends in-person, call or video chat.
- Go out for a walk with people you live with (as long as you are not under quarantine or self-isolation due to illness or exposure). If you choose to walk, find an unpopulated area, keep your distance from others (2m/6ft), don’t forget to check for ticks and do not approach animals.
- Help others by donating to food banks or food drives, if you can. Choose the most nutritious and safest food for donation
- Spend more time with the family who live with you. Create new traditions together like playing games, decorating and cooking your favourite foods. Remember to apply the four steps to food safety: Clean, Separate, Cook & Chill
The Province is requiring stores to close on April 10 and 12 so that essential retail workers can have time off. You may need to plan ahead for essential items. Respect the health and safety of others while out; follow the rules of the store and don’t bring your reusable bags.