The following are the most recent updates on the Arena Addition and Renovation project:
- All exterior masonry works, glass block and window installations are complete;
- The electrical, plumbing and Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning (HVAC) rough-ins for the addition are now 97%, 95% and 85% completed respectively;
- Town crews were on site this week testing the incoming water service;
- The interior framing commenced this week;
- The Roof-Top Units (RTUs) have been installed. Start-up and commissioning will commence as soon as the gas piping has been completed;
- The structural steel and roofing works are completed and the contractors have demobilized from the site;
- The major demolition in the lobby area will commence shortly;
- Clean up of the exterior has commenced;
- The metal siding is scheduled to commence on Monday, March 29th, 2021; amd
- The verification of the fire alarm system is scheduled for the week of April 12th, 2021.
Together, Tal-Co Building Innovations Ltd. and the Town of Carleton Place would like to ask for everyone’s help in ensuring safe and efficient work zones. Should residents be travelling within the construction zone we urge you to proceed with caution.
We ask for everyone’s patience and cooperation as this construction project proceeds, however, should a member of the public have any concerns or questions of a general nature, please contact the Recreation and Culture Office at 613-257-1690.