Staff have vacated their former offices in the lobby and moved into their new second-story offices in the addition. This occurred so that the work on the lobby area could commence.
The following works will be undertaken for the Phase 2 lobby renovations:
- Demolition of the lobby area is currently underway with an anticipated completion date of June 4th;
- Masonry will commence on May 31st and be completed by June 30th;
- Electrical will commence June 7th with a completion date to be determined;
- Structural steel works will commence on June 3rd and be completed by June 18th;
- Framing work will commence on June 7th;
- Exterior finishes including the front entrance systems are scheduled to commence July 5th with a completion date of July 16th.
As a result of the lobby works commencing, the front entrance to the facility is currently closed. Staff can be reached by ringing the doorbell at the south front entrance of the facility (closest to Begley Street).
Together, Tal-Co Building Innovations Ltd. and the Town of Carleton Place would like to ask for everyone’s help in ensuring safe and efficient work zones. Should residents be travelling within the construction zone we urge you to proceed with caution.
We ask for everyone’s patience and cooperation as this construction project proceeds, however, should a member of the public have any concerns or questions of a general nature, please contact the Recreation and Culture Office at 613-257-1690.