The Carleton Place Public Works Department is currently making preparations for this weekend’s projected winter storm. The weather forecast is currently indicating we could receive heavy snow, a risk of freezing rain, wind gusts of 70 to 90 kms/h, blowing snow and flash freezing. Our priority is to ensure our staff can clear our streets and sidewalks. Therefore, we are asking for everyone’s patience through this storm. Residents can help our Public Works staff by considering the following:
- Please keep vehicles off the street to allow our equipment to navigate the streets in a safe and efficient manner. Residents who can work remotely are encouraged to do so.
- Residents are encouraged to utilize our alternative winter parking areas should your vehicle not fit in your driveway. Please visit the Town of Carleton Place website for more information regarding Overnight Winter Parking .
- Do not block sidewalks with your vehicles.
- Residents are prohibited from pushing snow from their property onto the street through the Town’s by-law which is in place to ensure the street remains safe for the travelling public.
- Be a good neighbour and help your older or physically challenged neighbours with clearing their driveways.
Due to the significant snowfall accumulation anticipated for tomorrow and the potential for reduced visibility and blowing snow, please be patient as waste collection crews will be taking a little longer in collecting garbage and recycling.
Please place your items at the end of your driveway by 7:00 a.m. where it will not interfere with plowing operations.
Do not place your bins on top of snowbanks where they can easily tip over and not be accessible to waste collection staff.
Should weather conditions become unsafe for collection crews, waste collection could be suspended. If this occurs, please download the Carleton Place Waste Solutions App from the Google Play Store or the Apple App Store or follow the Town’s social media for updates for when collection will be rescheduled.