Compost Yard Opening - The Town of Carleton Place would like to thank residents for their patience and understanding while our Compost Yard has remained closed during the COVID-19 crisis. We are pleased to announce that the Compost Yard located at 128 Patterson Crescent will be open to the public on Saturdays beginning July 4th, from 8:00 a.m. to 12 noon. The Compost Yard will also be open Wednesday evenings from 3:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. starting July 8th.
The following items will be accepted:
- Branches less than 3 inches in diameter
- Leaves and grass clippings in paper bags – items in plastic bags will not be accepted
- Scrap metal
The Compost Yard is strictly available for the residents of the Town of Carleton Place only. If you reside outside of Carleton Place, please contact your municipality for information.
Residents need to be aware of the following measures which will be in place in order to protect the public and the staff working at the compost site:
- A limited number of vehicles will be permitted into the site at any given time. Staff will be providing traffic control at the gate.
- Residents will need to be able to remove items from their vehicles independently as staff will only provide direction as to where items are to be placed from a safe distance. Staff will not be chipping items while residents are on site.
- Residents will immediately depart from the site as soon as items have been dropped off.
Please Note - The Household Hazardous Waste (HHW) Facility will remain closed until further notice. Staff are actively working towards solutions for the site and hope to open the site in the near future. Once we are able to open HHW, we are committed to extending the season further into the fall to allow residents time to dispose of unwanted materials. Under no circumstances are residents to leave any HHW materials at the site.