Council Meeting Highlights
During this evening’s Council meeting, Mayor Doug Black formally addressed the community and provided an update on municipal operations related to the Covid-19 pandemic.
Council received the 2019-2024 Fire Master Plan. The plan provides strategic direction for the Ocean Wave Fire Company (OWFC) and outlines the critical initiatives that the OWFC should consider over the next five years in order to achieve its strategic objectives. It also supports the Fire Department’s ongoing efforts to increase fire safety and fire prevention through education and prevention mechanisms and to provide high quality, efficient, and effective emergency response.
Council approved an application for a Class 3 Development Permit ( DP3-06-2019) for the construction of a 2-storey, 6-unit apartment building at 119 Bell Street
Council approved a Class 3 Development Permit (DP3-10-2019) for modifications to a previous Class 3 Development Permit approved in 2017 (application DP3-01-2017), to allow the construction of a 51-unit apartment building and two (2) commercial units with interior and exterior at-grade parking at 11 (and 47) Beckwith Street being constructed by Saumure Construction.
Council approved the Sea Container Policy which will be used by the Building Department for all sea container building permit applications. The purpose of the Town Sea Container Policy is to:
- address the recent influx of sea containers in the Town of Carleton place;
- determine how to address the additional workload they require given current staffing levels; and
- to provide guidance for building permit requirements for new and existing containers.
The following By-laws of note were read and passed
- By-law No. 35-2020 - to confirm the sale of lands known as Parts 3 and 8 on RP27R-11243 Roe Street to Matrix Investment Group Ltd.
- By-law No. 36-2020 - to amend the Town’s Fees and Charges By-law No. 120-2019, to address matters specifically related to the Building Department
- By-law No. 37-2020 - to close a portion of the Begley Street road allowance