The following consent items of note were approved from the September 7th Committee of the Whole meeting:
- Update on Off-Road Vehicles - The Town of Carleton Place will request that the County of Lanark amend its By-law 2015- 30 to permit Off-Road Vehicles on Townline Road between the Ottaway Valley Recreation Trail (OVRT) and McEwan’s Gas Station. Staff will also be directed to include an access from the OVRT to the Farmer’s Market parking lot in the draft 2022 budget.
- Mississippi Shores Subdivision (Formerly Bodnar) Proposed Redline Revision 2021 - Council directed staff to provide correspondence to the County of Lanark consenting to the proposed amended draft plan for the Mississippi Shores subdivision, subject to the following additional draft conditions:
- That the Dolan Street extension be recognized on the final subdivision plan;
- That a new purpose for Block 209 be provided to the Town and that the lands be recognized as such on the subdivision plan;
- That the Subdivision Agreement to be executed with the Town include the requirement for no-parking zones on one side of all streets where townhomes are proposed to be built on both sides of the street.
274 Bridge Street (The Nichols House) – Repeal of Heritage Designation - Council directed staff to proceed with the statutory notification process in accordance with Section 31(3) of the Ontario Municipal Act for the repeal of By-law 37-84, the designating By-law, for the property known as 274 Bridge Street, known locally as the Nichols House.
Proclamations - Mayor Black made the following Proclamations during this evening’s meeting:
- Police and Peace Officers' National Memorial Day - September 26th, 2021
- National Seniors' Day - October 1st, 2021
The following By-laws of note were read and passed:
- By-law No. 111-2021 (Emergency Management Program Committee) – To appoint members to the Town’s Emergency Management Committee for 2021.
- By-law No. 112-2021 (Amend Delegation of Authority By-law 94-2020 Tax Adjustments) – An amendment to Item C. Specified Staff Authorities identified in Schedule “A” of Delegated Authority By-law 94-2020 to include the following delegated authority as Item 16.:
- 16. The Treasurer or his/her designate, to make any proposed tax adjustments arising from applications under Sections 354, 357, 358, and 359 of the Municipal Act, 2001 and the apportionment of unpaid taxes in accordance with Section 356 of the Municipal Act, 2001 except for applications made under 357(1) (d.1).
- By-law No. 113-2021 (Delegation of Authority to Assessment Review Board) – To delegate authority to the Assessment Review Board for applications made under Section 357(1) (d.1) for the cancellation, reduction or refund of taxes levied in the year in respect of which the application is made by any persons who are unable to pay taxes because of sickness or extreme poverty.
Delegation - Council received a delegation as part of the Committee of the Whole Meeting where they were briefed on the Carleton Place Hospital Emergency Department Fundraising Campaign. Randy Shaw, Integrated Vice President of Corporate Support Services, Carleton Place Hospital, Lori Cavanagh, Campaign Co-chair and Beckwith Reeve, Richard Kidd, Campaign Co-chair presented.
The next regularly scheduled meetings of Council and Committee of the Whole will take place on Tuesday, October 12th, 2021.