FEDERAL GOVERNMENT UPDATES
Canada Day NFB Films - With Canadians looking to celebrate Canada Day in a way that’s fun and safe for themselves, their family and their community, the National Film Board of Canada (NFB) is ready for July 1 with a great selection of online films and interactive activities for people of all ages.
PROVINCIAL GOVERNMENT UPDATES
Ontario Extends Declaration of Emergency to July 15 - In consultation with the Chief Medical Officer of Health, the Ontario government has extended the provincial Declaration of Emergency under s.7.0.7 of the Emergency Management and Civil Protection Act to July 15, 2020. This extension, approved by the Ontario Legislature earlier today, provides Ontario with the additional time, flexibility, and the necessary tools to safely and gradually allow more places to reopen, while continuing to support frontline health care providers in the fight against COVID-19.
Francophone Community Grants Program - As the province begins its economic recovery, the government is launching the 2020-21 edition of the Francophone Community Grants Program to support Ontario's francophone businesses and community organizations, as well as those that serve French-speaking Ontarians.
Leeds, Grenville & Lanark District Health Unit Canada Day Hours - Our COVID-19 phone line hours will continue on the Canada Day holiday, Wednesday, July 1, 2020.
The following Health Unit Essential Services will not be available on Wednesday, July 1, 2020:
- Well water testing bottles will not be accepted Friday, June 26 to Wednesday, July 1, 2020 inclusive
- Sexual Health Clinic appointments in Smiths Falls and Gananoque will not be available Wednesday, July 1, 2020
- Breastfeeding Clinic appointments in Kemptville not be available Wednesday, July 1, 2020
- Smart Works services will not be available at Health Unit sites on Wednesday, July 1, 2020 – check our website for where to get services.
- Essential services will resume Thursday, July 2, 2020. For more information: https://bit.ly/39fuSE9
Health Unit Phone Lines - The Leeds, Grenville and Lanark District Health Unit has phone lines open for the public to call:
- The main number to call is 1-800-660-5853.
- General COVID-19 Enquiries – Extension 2499, available 7 days a week, from 8:30 a.m. until 4:30 p.m.
- Enquiries from Health Care Providers or for members of the public reporting symptoms – Extension 2222, available 8:30 a.m. until 4:30 p.m., seven days a week.
- Duty Desk, (Public Health Inspectors) for business operator enquiries – Extension 2308, also available 8:30 a.m. until 4:30 p.m., seven days a week.
- For urgent calls that can’t wait until Health Unit regular hours, call 613-345-5685.
- We typically have a 24–48 hour response time, however, due to COVID-19 we are receiving a larger than normal volume of inquiries. Our Public Health Unit staff will do their best to respond back to you as soon as possible.
Note: Please do not include personal health information in any emails you send us as communications over the Internet are not secure.