Skate Park & Pump Track User Reminder – A friendly reminder regarding the gathering restrictions at the Skate Park & Pump Track. Unfortunately, the number of users at one time is rising and patrons are not following the gathering restrictions. If this continues to occur, we will be required to temporarily close the Skate Park & Pump Track. These safety regulations are as per the current Provincial Order. We encourage all parents/guardians to please review these regulations with any members of their family who will be utilizing the park:
- No more than 10 individuals permitted in the park as per the provincial order;
- Participants must practice physical distancing and stay at least 2 metres/6ft apart at all times;
- Please wait outside the fenced area if there are 10 individuals in the park;
- Please remember to share the space. If there are individuals waiting to use the park; please take turns waiting outside the fenced area. (We recommend a time limit of 20 minutes per participant if there is a line).
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the Carleton Place Recreation & Culture Department (613) 257-1690.
Reminder - COVID-19 Carleton Place Business Support Survey - In an effort to best support the local business community, the Town of Carleton Place, along with the Chamber of Commerce and Downtown Carleton Place (BIA), is seeking information related to the impact of COVID-19 on local businesses. By completing this survey, you will help inform local business support organizations on where to direct their efforts to aid in recovery. The survey will close tomorrow, Tuesday, June 30th at 4:00 p.m.
Reminder - Canada Day House Decorating Contest – Tomorrow is the last day to register for the Carleton Place Canada Day House Decorating Contest!
- Register your house (must be located in Carleton Place) by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 613-257-1704. Registrations must be received by June 30th.
- Decorate using flags, colours, messages and more to make your house festive!
- Celebrate! Enjoy Canada Day with friends and family.
The winners will be announced on July 10th. Winners will receive a gift card to a downtown Carleton Place store of their choosing. 1st place prize is $100, 2nd place prize is $75, and 3rd place prize is $50.
Special Committee of the Whole Meeting - Please note there will be a Special Committee of the Whole meeting tomorrow, Tuesday, June 30th at 6:00 p.m. to discuss the Childcare Centre expansion at 3 Francis Street, setting a meeting date to review the draft architectural plans for the Library renovation, the Bridge Street Pumping Station tender and the new McArthur Island watermain crossing/Gilles Bridge rehabilitation/new pedestrian connection at Mill Street tender. Please see the Upcoming Meetings Agendas page on the Town’s website for the agenda and associated documents. Members of the public can view the meetings online via Zoom (link available on the Upcoming Meetings Agendas page) or via a live stream to the Town’s Facebook page.