Residents are reminded that under By-law 122-2018, every dog or cat owner is required to register their animals. For cats, it is a one-time registration. Dog owners are required to purchase an annual licence for each dog. These requirements are in place to assist the animal control officers in ensuring that any lost, injured or stray animals can be returned to their owners.
Currently, the Town Hall is closed to the public due to the Provincial Stay-at-home Order. To renew your pet licence(s), you may drop off payment at the Fire/OPP Station (located at the main doors of the OPP entrance) at 15 Coleman Street along with the registration form that came with your recent water bill. If you require a registration form, a fillable pdf version is available on the Town’s website. Cheque and cash are both acceptable forms of payment. If you are paying by cheque, please make it payable to “Town of Carleton Place”. Ensure that your name and address are included in your request as staff will be mailing your pet’s tag upon receipt of your registration and payment.
Dog tags are valid only for the calendar year beginning January 1st and ending December 31st the same year. Even though you may be purchasing your tag later in the year, it still expires December 31st and a new one must be purchased for the following year before or after January 1st.
Licence Fee for Dogs:
- January 1st - February 15th: Neutered or Spayed=$15.00. Not Neutered or Spayed=$20.00
- February 16th - April 30th: Neutered or Spayed=$20.00. Not Neutered or Spayed=$30.00
- After April 30th: Neutered or Spayed=$25.00. Not Neutered or Spayed=$40.00
Licence Fee for Cats:
- January 1st - February 15th: Neutered or Spayed=$15.00. Not Neutered or Spayed=$60.00
- February 16th - April 30th: Neutered or Spayed=$20.00. Not Neutered or Spayed=$80.00