s we head into 2023 there are many things to be excited about and to look forward to. First and foremost, the completion of our main street construction project. This will see our main street become the beautiful downtown core that we all imagined when we started this project. A place for locals and tourists to meet, visit and shop. We look forward to celebrating this milestone with the community in the spring. Stay tuned for Grand Opening details!
As Council settles into their new roles and responsibilities, we will begin to make many decisions and recommendations on behalf of the residents. Some noteworthy projects on the horizon for 2023 include:
- Strategic plan to set the direction for this year’s term of council
- Finalizing the Official Plan
- Construction of Captain A Roy Brown Boulevard and McEachen Drive south of Highway 7 in advance of the Highway 7/15 construction
- Park developments in Cardel (Miller’s Crossing) and Nu Globe (Coleman Central – water tower park) subdivisions
- Possible construction of employment land development at the intersection of Highways 7/15
- The multi-generational, multi-purpose pad in Carleton Junction
- The opening of Revera’s 128-bed long-term care facility
- The preliminary design for the expansion of the water/wastewater treatment plants
These projects are significant in that they not only add to the quality of life that we have been fortunate to have here in Carleton Place, but they are major milestones towards our vision of Carleton Place as a community where all your needs are met and will be a place for future generations to raise their families.
This year, I encourage everyone to get out in the community, explore the outdoors, introduce yourself to your neighbours, join a team, attend a community event, and volunteer. There are so many hidden gems to discover in Carleton Place for both new and long-time residents.
This Council values communication with our residents and will continue to be accessible throughout our term. If you have ideas, suggestions, questions, or concerns please feel free to reach out to any one of us.
I hope 2023 brings you, and your family and friends, good health, new adventures, and lots of laughs.