Council has amended Traffic and Parking By-Law 46-2003 with regard to providing overnight winter parking areas to accommodate guests of property owners who may not have sufficient driveway/garage space for additional overnight vehicles. Staff identified five (5) areas in Town that can now be used as overnight parking areas from 7:00 p.m. to 11:00 a.m.:
- 10 spaces at the east end of the Riverside Park parking lot at the end of John Street are being allocated. Signs will be installed to identify the designated spots in the near future.
- The gravel parking lot for Carleton Junction on Coleman Street could accommodate approximately eight (8) overnight parking spaces.
- The gravel area on Cavanagh Road next to the tower and stormwater pond can accommodate approximately 10-12 overnight spaces.
- The temporary gravel area at the south end of McNeely Avenue by the trail can accommodate approximately six (6) overnight parking spaces.
- Centennial Park Parking Lot on Joseph Street can accommodate approximately 10-12 overnight spaces.
All vehicles parked in the designated overnight areas MUST be removed by 11:00 a.m. the following day at the latest to allow for snow removal or risk being ticketed and towed to the Carleton Place Public Library Parking Lot at 101 Beckwith Street.
We appreciate your cooperation.