Paddle the Mississippi River and explore the shores of Mississippi Lake.
Getting on the water is easy in Carleton Place with several docks and public boat launches. Enjoy our watery playgrounds the river and the lake.
Public Boat Launch
A public boat launch is available at the west end of Lake Avenue.
2021 Fees are as follows:
- Single day pas: $10.00
- Season pass (resident of Carleton Place): $49.00
- Season pass (non-resident): $89.25
There are several options to purchase your boat launch pass:
- You may come to the Carleton Place Arena (75 Neelin St) and fill out a form and provide payment. Please call upon arrival and a staff member will assist you: (613)257-1690.
- You may fill out this form electronically and email to Steph Scollan: firstname.lastname@example.org. Upon receipt of your form, a staff member will contact you for payment and pick-up arrangements.
- You may fill out this form and bring it to the Carleton Place Arena Monday to Friday from 8:00am – 4:00pm with the required fee. Please call upon arrival and a staff member will assist you: (613)257-1690.
Single day passes can be purchased at the boat launch.
The Town has docking at Riverside Park, near the Lake Avenue West boat launch. There are two municipal docks located off the public parking area across from the Town Hall on Bridge Street. There is also a small dock at Centennial Park for recreational canoe/kayak usage.
The Launch Site: Centennial Park at the river.
The Paddle: Follow up river to lake and around shorelines. Downriver to bridge and public dock for downtown shopping and food.
Watch For: Carleton Place Canoe Club across from park. Oldest racing canoe club in Canada. Wildlife in bays and wetland shores. Two creeks to explore on north side of lake. Bass spawning beds on south shore. Lake is choppy when windy.
Canoe & Kayak
Lanark County has produced a map with that highlights great canoe and kayak opportunities within the County.