Welcome to Carleton Place
Connect with the story of Carleton Place and make it part of your own.
Next door to the City of Ottawa in spectacular Lanark County at the nexus of river and lake, Carleton Place is uniquely—and ideally—situated to:
- Experience the conveniences of the city, with the friendliness of a small town.
- Enjoy diverse outdoor activities for nature enthusiasts, like, fishing, boating, cycling, birdwatching, shore-gazing, snowshoeing and other recreational activities.
- Indulge in your desire for delicious cuisine, beverages, and live music at a variety of our pubs and restaurants.
- Spend the day shopping our quaint boutiques and artisan shops, featuring handcrafted goods, locally sourced products, and vintage treasures!
- Uncover the past of a heritage town by visiting our Museum and local historical sites, including picture-worthy murals.
- Celebrate Canada Day, community events and seasonal festivals throughout the year, for all ages!
If you’re a local resident or business owner promote this website to your guests. Use it to become a tourist in your own town and gain a fresh perspective on the gifts that surround us daily.
Considering a move here? Our abundance of parks, stores, trails, recreational facilities and schools, along with the hospital make Carleton Place a great town for raising a family, and we have the housing starts to accommodate growth.
For business, affordable rents and commercial real estate make us an attractive option for relocation and start-ups. The Town, the BIA and the Carleton Place and District Chamber of Commerce are here to field your queries and offer support. Just give us a call! Make a visit to Carleton Place part of your future!
Destination Development Action Plan
Carleton Place Tourism has released the town’s first-ever tourism-specific strategy, designed to guide the town towards becoming a destination of choice in the future. The 3-Year Destination Development Action Plan (DDAP) was created with industry and partner input and support from the Town of Carleton Place. The DDAP focuses on six areas of opportunity: Partnerships & Collaboration; Data Collection & Infrastructure Development; Growing Local Pride; Tourism Product & Experience Development; Marketing & Communications; and Resources & Funding.
Carleton Place Tourism encourages all tourism industry representatives and community stakeholders to get in touch for more information and to get involved. The DDAP is a living document that will be reviewed and updated regularly and one that we hope will lead to enhancing our community at large.”