Welcome to Carleton Place
Connect with the story of Carleton Place and make it part of your own.
Next door to the City of Ottawa in spectacular Lanark County at the nexus of river and lake, Carleton Place is uniquely—and ideally—situated for:
- casting away the day on the Mississippi
- exploring the heritage of a distinctly Canadian town forged on the waterways of logging and commerce
- losing yourself in breathtaking beauty as you fish, boat, hike, cycle, bird-watch or shore gaze
- satisfying your craving for food, drink and music at any number of pubs and restaurants
- celebrating Canada Day with an unbeatable blend of patriotism, pride and magnificent fireworks mirrored on the waters of the Mississippi
If you’re a local resident or business owner promote this website to your guests. Use it to become a tourist in your own town and gain a fresh perspective on the gifts that surround us daily.
Considering a move here? Our abundance of parks, stores, trails, recreational facilities and schools, along with the hospital make Carleton Place a great town for raising a family, and we have the housing starts to accommodate growth.
For business, affordable rents and commercial real estate make us an attractive option for relocation and start-ups. The Town, the BIA and the Carleton Place and District Chamber of Commerce are here to field your queries and offer support. Just give us a call! Make a visit to Carleton Place part of your future!