Carleton Place Public Library is seeking an individual to fill the student position of Library Page.
Summary: Reporting to the Manager of Library Services, the incumbent will be responsible for shelving returned library materials, keeping all items in order on the shelves, and providing friendly assistance to the public.
Job posting opening date: Thursday, May 9, 2019
Job posting closing date: Friday, May 17, 2019, at 12:00pm
- Ability to communicate effectively with patrons and staff
- Ability to give friendly, helpful service to the public
- Reliable and punctual
- Computer skills including: word processing; inputting and manipulating data in an automated library system; use of library automated system circulation and public catalog functions
- Previous library experience an asset
- Must be able to handle several hours of standing, lifting, bending and repeated physical movements.
- The ability to learn the use of the Dewey classification system and other library procedures is required.
- Minimum age of 14 as per the Occupational Health and Safety Act, Industrial Regulations.
This is a permanent, part-time position. The successful applicant must be available to work during the entire calendar year. All other applicants will be disqualified.
To apply, send resume and cover letter detailing how you meet position qualifications, and quoting “Library Page” to:
Mail: Human Resources
Carleton Place Town Hall
175 Bridge Street
Carleton Place, ON, K7C2V8
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. The Town of Carleton Place is an equal opportunity employer following the rules and regulations set out by the Human Rights Code. Personal information submitted will be used for the purposes of determining suitability for this competition only and in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) upon request.