Employment opportunities are posted on this site as they become available. Resumes are only accepted when a specific job opportunity has been posted and/or advertised.
The Town of Carleton Place is seeking an individual to fill the full-time position of Executive Assistant to the CAO, Mayor and Council.
Summary: Reporting to the CAO, the incumbent will provide confidential administrative support to the CAO, Mayor and Council, which includes preparing documents and presentation material; screening incoming correspondence, enquiries and phone calls; drafting letters and official information releases; arranging meetings; reviewing and coding standard expenditures for the Mayor and maintaining accounting records; coordinating travel arrangements; and providing administrative support to elected officials, as required.
- Diploma in a business or office administration program together with five (5) years’ experience in a senior administrative role, preferably in a municipal environment.
- Superior computer skills in MS Office Suite including Excel, Word, Power Point and electronic communication tools are required.
- Excellent communication, organizational, problem-solving, decision making, time management, interpersonal, public relations and customer service skills.
- Ability to multi-task, cope with interruptions and work under pressure to meet multiple deadlines, exercise discretion and good judgement particularly when handling highly confidential/sensitive information.
- Possess a high level of initiative and personal integrity.
- Knowledge and understanding of Council protocol and municipal functions, current local/corporate/regional issues, and other government processes and functions, as well as that of other local agencies/boards that are closely involved with the Town, i.e.: Chamber of Commerce, BIA, and Boards of Education.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the Occupational Health and Safety Act, WHMIS and all provincial legislation and policies that affect municipalities.
- Ability and willingness to travel within the community and out of town as required.
Interested applicants are invited to submit an application in confidence by 11:00 AM Wednesday, April 11, 2018 quoting “Executive Assistant to the CAO, Mayor and Council” Attention Human Resources by:
Mail: Town of Carleton Place
Attn: Human Resources
175 Bridge Street
Carleton Place, ON K7C 2V8
Facsimile: 613 257 8170
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. The Town of Carleton Place is an equal opportunity employer following the rules and regulations set out by the Human Rights Code. Personal information submitted will be used for the purposes of determining suitability for this competition only and in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) upon request.