If you have any questions regarding waste collection, please contact Public Works at 613-257-2253
- Changes to Recycling Program Flyer
- Carleton Place Environmental Admisory Committee Electronics Recycling Brouchure
- Waste Collection
- Uncollectable Waste
- Household Waste Disposal for Residents of Carleton Place
- Electronic Waste & Recycling
- Holiday Garbage and Recycling Pickup
- Household Hazardous Waste
- Christmas Tree Collection
- Leaf Collection
Garbage and recycling items must be at the curb and properly tagged by 7:00 a.m to ensure collection
- The Town of Carleton Place no longer distributes garbage stickers and will instead allow one un-stickered bag of garbage each week. Additional bags must have a sticker
- Stickers can still be purchased at the Town Hall, the IDA Drugmart and at the Visitors Centre
- Existing green stickers will be honored until 2020.
- The only exception for the new policy will be during the week between Christmas and New Years when 3 un-stickered bags will be allowed
- Large household items (ex; couch, chair, mattress, etc.) must have FOUR STICKERS attached for collections
- Appliances must have four stickers attached for collection. Any appliance containing refrigerant must be properly decommissioned and tagged by a certified technician indicating refrigerant has been properly removed.
- Recycling in Carleton Place is now mandatory. Notices and then fines will be issued for non-compliance
- Residents can now place plastics #1 - 7 in the blue bin for collection as well as food containers, glass, metal cans, clean foil products, gable top containers, tetra packs, cardboard and paper
- Articles which are not bundled
- Articles larger than 100kg or 2.0m long
- Large quantities of construction, renovation or manufacturing waste
- Stones, earth, stumps, etc
- Large quantities of dry wall
- Yard waste
- Household hazardous waste
- Iron, steel, or scrap metal
- Carcass of any animal
- Liquid wastes
- Medical wastes
- Any recyclable material
- Night soil and animal waste
- Any explosive or highly combustible material
- Any material which has become frozen to the container and cannot be removed by shaking
(Please note: Partial cans of paint should not be mixed together. Put dry empty cans in your blue box. Bring full cans of waste paint to the Household Hazardous Waste Centre.) Re-opens May 20, 2017
Recyclables - Plastics #1 - #7
Place in Blue Box at the curb before 7 a.m.
Compost-friendly material including food scraps
128 Patterson Crescent, Saturday morning from 8am - Noon. Re-opens May 6th, 2017
NEW - Beginning May 10th the Centre will be open from 3-8 pm on Wednesday evenings throughout the summer.
Clothing and textiles and sports equipment.
Call the Canadian Diabetes Association at 613-746-4633 for free pick up or deliver to one of the many local organizations who accept.
Place at the curb, on your regular garbage day, with 4 stickers where they will be picked up for recycling. Please Note: Appliances must be properly decommissioned and tagged by a certified technician indicating that the refrigerant gas has been properly removed.
Bring to the Compost Yard from May to November - Bring to the Public Works Yard on Franklin Street (weekdays) from mid November to May
Large Items, furniture
Consider reuse options first. Place at the curb, on your regular garbage day, with 4 stickers.
Regular Garbage Bags
No sticker is required for the first bag of garbage each week. Additional bags must have a sticker attached. 2 stickers are required if the bag is more than 15kg.
- Public Works Yard at 97 Franklin Street
- Transfer Station at 9871 Cavanagh Road 613-257-1195
- Staples (555 McNeely Avenue, 613-253-2400)
When normal pick up days fall on a statutory holiday (New Year's Day, Family Day, Good Friday, Victoria Day, Canada Day, Civic Holiday, Labour Day, Thanksgiving, and Christmas) the garbage and recycling collection for that day will occur the following day.
The Household Hazardous Waste facility is now closed and will reopen May 20 2017
The Town provides a Compost Yard off of Patterson Crescent. The Yard accepts grass clippings, yard waste, tree branches etc. The Compost Yard will be open on Wednesday evenings from 3:30 p.m. to 8 p.m (May 10 to August 30) in addition to Saturday mornings from 8 a.m. to noon (May 6 to November 11).
Backyard Compost Rebate Program
In an effort to reduce the amount of waste at the curb each week the Public Works Department will be providing residents a $40 rebate for the purchase of a backyard composter. Resident may purchase a backyard composter of their choice, complete and submit the rebate form.
We prepared this helpful tip sheet to get you started and keep you going. Composting is an excellent eco-friendly family project.
The Town provides curb side collection of Christmas trees to all residents of Carleton Place. Please place your tree at the curb side on your normal collection day. No garbage stickers are required for this service.
The Town of Carleton Place collects leaves and grass clippings curbside during designated times in April and October only. Curbside collection dates are announced in Municipal Matters, on the Town website, and on Twitter and Facebook. Dates are subject to change.
If you have any questions regarding Waste Collection, please contact Public Works at 613-257-2253