POSTED | November 20, 2017
Employment Opportunity - Engineering Technician
The Town of Carleton Place is seeking an individual to fill a 2 year contract position of Engineering Technician.
Summary: Under the direct supervision of the Manager of Engineering, the Engineering Technician shall assist with engineering review of developer submissions and preparing tender documents for municipal projects.
• Two (2) year Community College Diploma in Civil Engineering Technician (minimum of education required for position);
• Two (2) years’ related work experience;
• Ability to obtain and maintain membership with the Ontario Association of Certified Engineering Technicians and Technologists (OACETT);
• Familiar with preparing and interpreting engineering drawings and specifications with a detailed knowledge of AutoCAD;
• Knowledge of municipal works required for development;
• Familiar with GIS software and applications;
• Good written and verbal communication. Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical persons; and
• Possess and maintain a valid Ontario Class “G” Drivers Licence and access to a vehicle.
Interested applicants are invited to submit an application in confidence by 3:00 PM December 6, 2017 quoting “Engineering Technician – 2 Year Contract” Attention Human Resources by:
Mail: Town of Carleton Place Email: email@example.com
Attn: Human Resources Facsimile: 613 257 8170
175 Bridge Street
Carleton Place, ON K7C 2V8
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. The Town of Carleton Place is an equal opportunity employer following the rules and regulations set out by the Human Rights Code. Personal information submitted will be used for the purposes of determining suitability for this competition only and in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) upon request.