Carleton Place Arena
The Carleton Place Arena has two ice surfaces, two program/event halls, and a boardroom. This facility is also home to many regular community groups & activities including: Ontario Early Years Playgroups, Drop in Ping Pong, Bingo (weekly), and much more.
Arena programs typically start around Labour Day Monday and run until the end of March. Spring and Summer programming will be added at later dates.
To find out more about the many activities taking place at the facility, please visit us on facebook.
This facility also houses DriveTest to operated out of the boardroom every Wednesday . For more information on DriveTest, please their website at: www.drivetest.ca
2023/2024 Skating Schedule
Public Skates - Starting September 4th
Mondays & Wednesdays: 7:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.
Saturdays & Sundays: 2:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m.
$2.00 Per Adult, $1.00 Per Child
Skating Pass Punch Cards: $20.00 each for 22 skates.
Parents & Tots Skates - Starting September 7th
Mondays: 10:30 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
Seniors/Adults Skates - Starting September 7th
Mondays & Thursdays: 9:30 a.m. – 10:30 a.m.
Pick-Up Hockey - Starting September 5th
Tuesdays & Thursdays: 11:30 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
$5.00 per player/ Goalies are free
For further information, please contact the Carleton Place Arena from Monday – Friday between 8:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. (613) 257-1690
Public Skating Rules of Conduct
For the safety and enjoyment of all patrons and skaters please respect the following
Public Skating Rules.
The following items are not permitted on the ice surface:
- No food or drink permitted on the ice surface.
- No horseplay/games of any kind.
- No skating backwards.
- No figure skating manoeuvres.
- No erratic/excessive speed skating.
- No balls/pucks/chairs/pylons/strollers/sticks or any other item which might interfere with the safety of any skater while on the ice surface.
- Skate aids/ez-skates are not permitted.
- No headsets, cell phones or hand held electronic devices are to be used while skating.
- No carrying of children is to be permitted.
- No sitting on the boards or loitering.
- Skate with the direction of all skaters/no weaving in and out of other skaters.
- Centre of ice is reserved for beginner/inexperienced skaters only.
- Please respect, listen to and follow instructions from the arena staff at all times.
- Respect other skaters.
- Report all accidents or injuries to arena staff members immediately.
- All participants must wear skates on the ice surface.
- No unruly behaviour or profanity.
- Consider the use of a helmet as they are strongly recommended.
- Wheelchairs are permitted on the ice providing the wheels are cleaned before use & that the operator of the wheelchair is wearing ice skates. Please keep the wheelchair next to the boards away from skating traffic.
1st Offence: Removed from the ice for 15 minutes.
2nd Offence: Removed from the ice for the remaining skating time.
3rd Offence: Parents contacted and suspended from skating for 30 days.
4th Offence: Individual will be banned from public skating.
**PATRONS WHO WITNESS ANY LISTED BEHAVIOUR SHOULD REPORT IT TO ARENA SUPERVISOR**