Carleton Place Aquatic Centre
Serving Carleton Place, Mississippi Mills and Beckwith
359 Bridge Street
Carleton Place, ON, K7C 3H9
Carleton Place Public Pool Reopening July 6th – Carleton Place Aquatics lane swims will resume on Monday, July 6th. We have implemented changes to our schedule, as well as cleaning and disinfecting routines so as to comply with Public Health and Provincial mandates. Our staff and patron safety remain our first and foremost concern. Your patience and understanding is very much appreciated as we learn to navigate this together.
Lane Swims / Hot Pool Schedule / Aquafit - All participants must reserve a spot in advance by calling the pool at 613-257-1005, ext. 21. Only reservations made by phone will be accepted at this time. Please honor your reservation as spots will be limited.
FAMILY SWIMS - Families who reside at the same address and who are in the same “Family Bubble” may attend these swims. Family Swims are Fridays, starting August 14, 7-8:30 pm; and Saturdays, starting August 15th, 1:30-3:30 pm. RESERVATIONS must be done in advance by calling the pool 613-257-1005 Ext 21. ‘Drop-ins’ will NOT be permitted at this time. For safety reasons, Family Bubbles remain together in the pool and within arm’s reach of each other. Social distancing must be maintained in the pool as well as change rooms/lobby, etc. Masks are mandatory.
Starting Monday, August 17th - Lane Swims / Adult Swims will be 1 hour, and the new schedule is as follows:
Mondays – Thursdays – Fridays
7:30 am, 9:00 am, 10:30 am, 12:00 pm & 1:30 pm
10:30 am, 12:00 pm & 1:30 pm
9:00 am, 12:00 pm & 1:30 pm
Hot Pool Schedule
Mon / Tues / Thurs / Fri – 10:30 am, 12:00 pm, 1:30 pm
Wednesdays – 12:00 pm & 1:30 pm
Starting Tuesday, August 18th – Aquafit 8:45 to 9:30 am (with music)
Starting Wednesday, August 19th – Arthritis Aquafit 10:30 to 11:15 am (without music)
The Pool will remain CLOSED on Sundays for now. Children’s Lessons are restarting Saturday, August 15th.
NEW Pool Rules:
- If you have questions, call us BEFORE coming to the pool, 613-257-1005 Ext 21
- We recommend you complete a Covid Self-Assessment at www.ontario.ca before visiting the facility.
- Electronic payment is preferred at this time.
- Masks or face coverings are MANDATORY before and after your reserved swim time.
- Bring your own equipment, ie. Flutterboards, lifejackets, pull buoys, pool noodles, etc.
- Showers are available before and after your swim, keep it short. Lockers are NOT available. DO NOT leave personal items in the change rooms, bring everything to the pool deck with you. Shoes stay in the lobby.
- After swimming, change and leave the building promptly. Limit your time in the pool lobby.
- Backyard Pool Safety - Lifesaving Society
- Lifesaving Standard First Aid / CPR-C (On site or off site courses)
- National Lifeguard Training Center
- Lifesaving Swim for Life - Children’s Programs
- Aquafit Programs
- Heartwise Arthritis Aquafit Programs
- Home of the Carleton Place Water Dragons Swim Club (See bottom of page for contact information)
- Accessible Family Changeroom
- Accessible facility
- Free / Accessible Parking
- Changerooms with showers
- Easy Stair Access
- Bleachers / Spectator area on Main Deck
- Diving Board
- Lifejackets / Pool toys
- Beverage Canteen
- Sports Equipment
- NLS certified lifeguards
- Public Swimming
Pool Admission / Supervision Policy
- Children under the age of 6 must be within arms’ reach of a parent or guardian (max. 2 children per parent or guardian).
- Children under the age of 10 and are NON/WEAK swimmers must be accompanied by a parent or guardian at least 14 years of age and who are responsible for their direct supervision (max 4 per parent / guardian)
- Children under the age of 10 years who are swimmers must be able to swim a minimum of 25 meters and the parent / guardian must remain in the facility. A swim test is required.
- Children 6 years of age and older must use appropriate gender change rooms.
Programs, Schedules and Memberships
- Please see above for lane swim/hot pool days and times
For further information regarding swimming pool / board room rentals, please call the Carleton Place Aquatic Centre at 613-257-1005 ext 21.
Centennial and Riverside Beach will open for the summer season on June 27th, 2020. Lifeguards will be on duty from 9:30 a.m to 6:00 p.m daily.