Bylaw Department

The Carleton Place Bylaw Department is responsible for enforcing municipal standards and By-laws in the Town of Carleton Place.

By-law Complaints

We strongly encourage residents to familiarizes themselves with relevant Carleton Place By-laws related to your concern prior to submitting a complaint to the department. If you have a concern you feel requires attention and have reviewed the related by-law, please call the department at 613-257-5526 OR fill in the form at the bottom of this page. Please note that this number is not monitored 24 hours a day. Your call may not be returned immediately but it will be returned.

Please note that we do not investigate anonymous complaints.

Please be prepared to provide the following information if you would like to file a complaint:

  • Full name
  • Your address
  • Your telephone number
  • Address of the property you wish to lodge a complaint against

It is important to provide as much detail as possible regarding the violation such as

  • description of vehicle, animal or person involved in the incident,
  • approximate window of time/date when the violation occurred,
  • nature of the complaint,
  • description of the event, etc.

Lack of information may result in delays in response time and resolution.

Loitering, Trespassing and Criminal Activity

If your complaint concerns loitering, trespassing, noise related to domestic disputes, vandalism, or other possible criminal activity, please the Lanark County branch of the Ontario Provincial Police at 613-257-5610. 

Complaint Form

Validation Code